LET’S MAKE BREW OURSELVES A HAPPY SMELLING POST. HOW ABOUT THAT? LET’S DO THAT! I’ve been obsessively trolling this place lately (Daniel Handler is the deity I have chosen for myself in this lifetime), and then I saw this comment someone left on a fic somewhere thanking the author because the characters were so much like them and their love interest—and the fact the fic had a happy ending gave them hope. So I was thinking about that, and this, and that, and then wallowed a little in self-pity because it was about four in the afternoon which is about the time I do that, and figured we could all use a little bit of that. I mean, we’ve all had a shit time, at one moment or another, things we kinda want to rewrite. WELL LET’S DO THAT. KIND OF. ONLY DIFFERENT.
A multi-fandom happy-endings fest
- Copy/paste this in a comment:
- Pick a fandom! Anything goes :)
- If you want, pick a pairing or the characters you want to read about
- Dig deep! Think back to a sad story you’ve read that didn’t work out as you wanted it to, or something from your own life that you’re comfortable enough/can lol about to a degree that makes you go, “I WANT TO SEE PETE AND ROBIN DO THIS! But instead of ending up throwing shoes at each other, they should end up totally MAKING OUT!”
- Put on a happy song. Did you put it on? Great. Jiggle a little. Don’t you love this song? MAN I LOVE THIS SONG SO MUUUUCH
- Fill out the rest—make sure you add the things you absolutely don’t want included, especially if the prompt you’ve given is something personal, the person writing/drawing/creating won’t know what may be a sensitive topic :D
- FIND A PROMPT AND GET A CRACKIN’! You can post your reply in this thread, but if it’s something you feel more comfortable posting on your own lj and then linking back to, that’s also fine!
This is an example of the form filled out:
- Fandom: Merlin!
Pairing and/or characters: M/A
It didn’t work out because: They didn’t even know I EXISTED! I said hi once but they thought I was sneezing so said bless you and walked on :(
This time it will work out because: They get accidentally locked in the library one night, and have to work together to try and find a way out!
I would love to see: The two of them not getting along at all at first :)
Whatever you do, DO NOT: Let them out of the library before sunrise! Haha
Oh and also: Arthur didn’t even mean to be in the library. He went in there for a short nap after one of his classes, the idiot.
A MULTI-FANDOM HAPPY FEST: BECAUSE I WANTED THE OPPOSITE OF THIS
Prompts and fills!
- Merlin, Merlin/Arthur: He didn't know I existed, but then I ran into him! And then I ran away!
- Merlin, Gwen/Lancelot: He is miraculously not dead
- Merlin, Merlin/Arthur: Arthur locks them in a room and pretends not to know how to get out until Merlin finally tells him. Dammit. (Filled by magnolia822 ♥!)
- Harry Potter, Draco/Hermione: She was too young to figure out that the reason he picked on her so much was because he really liked her.
- BBC Sherlock, John/Sherlock: Sherlock lets him in on the ruse from the beginning and they take off on an adventure. (Filled by Anonymous ♥!)
(Another fill by kim47 ♥!)
- Merlin, Gwen/Morgana: Morgana will recognize that her rage is misplaced and all she ever wanted was Gwen to ber HER QUEEN instead of Arthur's. (Filled by springinstep ♥!)
- Merlin, Merlin/Arthur: He had a crush on someone and realised too late that it was actually the crush's room mate he was madly in love with. (Filled by rotrude ♥!)
- Merlin, Merlin/Arthur: Arthur was an annoying prat with Daddy issues who thinks he's straight. When Arthur got engaged Merlin moved out of the flat they shared for his own sanity.. (Filled by asya_ana ♥!)
- Merlin, Arthur/Gwaine: He was banished.
- Merlin, Merlin/Arthur: Arthur cheated on Merlin with Gwen.
- H50, Max/Lori: One of them thought it was a date but it turned out to be a co-worker friend thing.
- Supernatural, Dean/Cas: they end up in heaven with all their family friends including Sam.
- X-Men First Class: No seriously, I want Erik to show his love through maple-bacon cupcakes (or the kosher equivalent).
- Harry Potter, Harry/Cedric: The war is over, Cedric is single, and Harry is determined to make up for lost time.
- Merlin, Merlin/Arthur: The two of them were internet friends who met IRL at a big nerd con with a big group of fellow internet friends and freaked out at the last second and slept in the bathtub instead of sharing the corner of the floor and pillow pile.
- Harry Potter, Harry/Fred – Harry/George: George finally makes Harry see that he's pining after the wrong twin.
- Supernatural, Dean/Castiel: fallen!Cas learning to be functional in the human world! Awesome!Sam Winchester! Exploration of Dean Winchester's potential bisexuality instead of handwaving the whole issue in favor of sex! (Filled by renrenren3 ♥!)
- Merlin (or Inception. OR SHERLOCK. THE CAPS MEANS EXTRA): They were a robot and robots haven't been programmed with artificial intelligence yet, so the whole thing was kind of deeply one sided.
- Merlin, Merlin Arthur: There's a fifteen year age gap and the older one feels guilty.
- Merlin, Merlin/Arthur: Arthur was sent to a boarding school abroad when he and Merlin were found making out in the school toilets.
- Sherlock, Sherlock and John and Lestrade and Mrs. Hudson. You can make it be Sherlock/John if you want but I'll take just buddies, too: [REICHENBACK SPOILERS CLICK AT OWN ACCORD :D] (Filled by simarillion ♥!)
- Sherlock, Sherlock and Gladstone: John will distract Sherlock and/or save Gladstone in time.
- Merlin, Merlin/Aarthur: They were strangers at a bar and then drunk strangers in bed. The morning after was awkward because Merlin couldn’t find his left sock and Arthur had to leave through a window. (Filled by and_backagain ♥!)
- Merlin, Gwaine/Lancelot: Before realising that Arthur also had feelings for Gwen (so pre-2x04), Lancelot rejected Gwaine's advances because his love was for Gwen and he's completely the sort of guy to stay true to that sort of thing.
- NAPOLA, Albrecht/Friedrich: Albrecht has been saved by Friedrich and sent to Russian front. He survived and came back in Germany to find his "best friend" and no one can tell him otherwise.
- Merlin, Merlin/Arthur: There was an alien invasion and they wanted to work for two different factions of the resistance. (Filled by starlingthefool ♥!)
- Harry Potter, Sirius/Harry: The elder wand can do anything, and Harry has to try...
- Merlin, Leon/Morgana: He still carries her favour whenever he goes into battle and he's never given up the hope that she can be rescued.
- Merlin, Merlin/Arthur: Merlin will show Arthur the necklace and get him to damn well accept that magic can be used for good.
- Harry Potter, James/Sirius: laughing, running, attitude, prats, mcgonagall
- War Horse, Captain Nicholls/Major Stewart: Domesticity [prompt contains spoilers! :)]
- X-Men: First Class, Charles/Erik: They got snippy over a chess match and couldn't seem to compromise their points of view.
- X-Men: First Class (of RPF), Erik/Charles (Or Michael/James): They are BOOKENDS OF THE SAME SOUL. Yes, this is CANON!
- The Hunger Games, Haymitch/his girlfriend back in District 12: Someone tips Haymitch off to Snow's plans, and he and his lady friend take off into the woods, and somehow end up in District 13.
- Glee, Sam/Finn: Season two ended and instead of deciding to want Rachel back, Finn realized he was kind of into dudes or more specifically Sam.
- Star Trek, Pavel Chekov/Hikaru Sulu: Pavel is in his last year of university at MIT or Harvard or whatever, confident and worldly and (tentatively) on speaking terms with his sister at last, and Hikaru is his new astrophysics professor! WHAT COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG? Wait, don't answer that...
- The Eagle, Placidus/Liathan: Placidus decided that he couldn't be caught with Liathan, since it could hurt his political campaign. Liathan was sick of being the fuck buddy of someone whose entire political platform was built on making people fear and hate Liathan and those like him.
- Merlin, Merlin/Arthur: The war ended
- and they just bloody well wanted to go home and forget about trenches and gunfire and death. They didn't mean to forget about their brothers in arms, the men that kept them alive and sane and human, but that's what happened.
- X-Men First Class, Erik/Charles: Charles saw Erik kissing a girl at a party and assumed he was straight.
- Merlin, Freya/Merlin: Sweeping, gentle, legendary love
- Merlin, Merlin/Arthur: They're from two different realities, and I don't just mean social ones. One of them comes from a world of fairy tale and romance, where kings and queens live and chivalry's not dead. The other comes from our more mundane world. (Filled by oflittleuse ♥!)
- Merlin, Merlin/anyone: He was too shy to say hello when he found himself sitting opposite his High School Crush on the train, and the HSC avoids his gaze and is like, "Ugh, oh, God, can't believe this! *stares at the luggage rack 'lost in thought'*"
- Harry Potter, Harry/Cho: Cho gets over Cedric, time passes, and they realize how perfect (and hot) they are for each other.
- Merlin, Merlin/Morgana: High school sweethearts, Merlin and Morgana, decide they finally want to officially go all the way. For their first time, Morgana admits she really wants to peg Merlin. Merlin freaks.
- A Dangerous Method (Film), Carl Jung/Sabina Spielrein/Emma Jung : Sabina and Jung and Emma all settle into that lovely house and Sabina and Jung challenge each other intellectually and finally Emma gets some attention and time and certainty. And they all forge some sort of keep away from the war.
- Merlin, Merlin/Arthur: Perky!Merlin is the popular/pretty (like a model) boy in school. Studious!Arthur is the Student Body President who doesn't have time for frivolity, not even with the boy he's been desperately crushing on for so long.
- The Eagle, Lithian/Placidus: When Placidus's dad is away his son throws a party for his classmates.
- Merlin, Merlin/Arthur: Arthur didn't react well to finding out about Merlin's magic and was an arsehole about it, and Merlin freaked out and was generally melodramatic about it and ran away.
- Harry Potter, Harry/Cedric: Cedric really thinks Cho is great and all, and even if he likes Potters arse a lot more he is too much of a huffelpuff, pardon loyal to leave her for that arse... oh and everything attached...
- Merlin, Merlin/Gwaine: It's really hard to tell your best friend you're kind of in love with him when you're seventeen, especially when you're not actually sure he's even interested in guys. And it gets even harder when he leaves the country to go to university. (Filled by junkshop_disco ♥!)
- X-Men: First Class, Charles/Erik: Even though Charles managed to talk Erik out of blowing up those ships and into coming back home with him, things are very strained between them. Erik thinks that Charles has now finally seen that there really isn't any good in him, Charles thinks that Erik resents him for making him not blow people up, etc etc angst and miscommunication all around.
- Merlin, Merlin/Arthur: The first time they had sex it was fumbling and awkward. Cringe-worthy, actually. And very brief. Things were over before they even really got started. There was nervous laughter covering up hurt feelings and heaps of self-doubt. They parted ways and never spoke of it again, both wondering how something that felt so right had gone so wrong.
- X-Men: First Class, Charles/Erik: Charles gets accepted into Oxford and a bright future is calling his name and Erik, well, Erik's the boy from the wrong side of town who'll only drag his boyfriend down. Or so he tells himself. Erik breaks up with Charles for Charles' own good.
- Football (Real Madrid), Cristiano Ronaldo/Mesut Özil: They're both just stupid, to be honest. It was something ridiculous and Cris probably should have apologized, but Mesut shouldn't have said what he said, either.
- Sherlock, Sherlock/John: John was too narrowminded to realise that that the fact that he identified as straight didn't mean he couldn't
- Supernatural, Dean/Sam: Sam finally admits to being over this brothers thing, but he doesn't think Dean can be monogamous long-term--and if Sam is gonna do this, he's gonna do it for the long haul, not six months, not a year, he's talking basically marriage.